Monday, April 28, 2008

Sunday Gardening

So most of you know that my dad is my landlord and we live right next to each other. You also know that we share the house with my mother in law so we can save money to buy a house some day. Well I never felt like making the yard look pretty until I came to the conclusion that it will take us a while before we buy our house. So I decided to make the yard look beautiful by adding some plants and flowers with the help of my father who happens to be a Gardner.

I have been bugging my dad for weeks about getting the yard fixed up. He had his concerns about it since I am not the type that waters the plants. I tend to forget and remember when its too late and the plants have died. But this time I am was serious, I wanted a nice decent yard. And to my surprised my dad began buying plants.

So this Sunday was the day, I woke up and went out to say good morning to my dad. He had just got home from the nursery with more plants. At that moment I knew that this was going to be a day out in the yard under the hot sun. So we went ahead and started, my dad began planting the plants as I got rid of the weeds and flowers I disgusted.
This is what my yard looked like. Those plants on the side of the gate get on my nerves so bad.
This is my dad working on the yard. The plants will ultimately fully cover the gate giving the property a little privacy.

In the process of cleaning up the yard we found a few friends.

Mr. Lizard who kept scaring the crap out of me.

And Mr. Grasshopper, my dad's friend but not mine.


After planting the plants and adding a new line of sprinklers we had hosted our first BBQ in our house. Every Sunday we have BBQ at my parents but this Sunday it took place at my house and it was fun. I have no pictures but we will definitely have more BBQ's and pictures in the future.

Monday morning I woke up early to keep working on the yard. I just had to plant some flowers that my dad no longer needed and water them.

Back in the old times when I was young, my cousin used to live at this house. Her dad and my dad decided to build an improvised BBQ grill. Because there is so many memories with this we could not take it apart so I decided to keep it and make it a pot. My goal is to have it covered with flowers hanging off the side.



This is our end result

I am looking forward to seeing the trees grow and cover up the fence but that will take a while. It does not look like much difference from the pictures, but from what it used to look like before and what it looks like now it is a big change.

No comments: