Sunday, August 10, 2008

House sitting

My parents have been vacationing in Mexico for the past 3 1/2 weeks so Ismael and I have been taking care of their house. My father a nature loving type of guy is always adding new types of flowers to his yard. My mother a plant lover takes care of the garden by watering and cleaning up the yard. So my job has been to make sure none of the plants die under my care. It seems like a simple job, just water the plants and they'll live. Well let me show you what the yard looks like.
The Palm tree that sticks up tall was planted by my dad at least 20 yrs ago when it was about 4" tall.
































It takes me about 2 hours to finish watering the plants and that is with the help of the sprinkler system that waters the grass automatically 3x/week.

Here are some pictures of some flowers that color my parents yard:























Compared to my dad's fishes and my mothers birds I am doing an excellent job at keeping the yard green. Unfortunately I have lost (they died) one white dove and my mom's favorite cockatoo :( and my dad's koi fish are swimming in green water. I am planning that by the end of whis week the fish will be swimming in clear water but I feel bad for the birds.

My parents LOVE their yard and I love it too, I just do not like the duties that come with keeping up with the yard. I keep the plants an flowers in my house to a minimal compared to my parents :) and I am re-thinking the having our own pets idea.

1 comment:

Kandra said...

That is quite the yard!!! It's beautiful....and so is the gal watering the plants:)