Sunday, August 31, 2008

Jack Johnson Concert




It's Labor Day weekend and we're at Jack Johnson's concert in San Diego having some hot coke, cold burgers, and taking in the fact that you just got dragged to the Jack Johnson concert, but that's not what we're all here for; right ? I wasn't too exited about Jack Johnson but, there was plenty of music to enjoy throughout the almost 2-hour show. While it may not have been the most energetic concert I've ever attended, it did leave me feeling as though I had just spent almost two hours at a mellow beach party with some fun friends who played some mellow, cool music. Here's a cool video of the concert:
(unfortunately we are having trouble uploading our videos, as soon as we load them up we'll post to share)


The opening act Culver City Dub Collective with special Guest Paula Fuga were actually very good, they had a nice reggae jazz feel to their music that makes you wanna light up a spliffy; and by the smell in the air; I wasn't the only one. One complaint though, security there had very little control where we were sitting at because people kept walking down to the front hoping there were empty seats available blocking our exit from our isle which became very annoying after awhile because they refused to listen to security to clear the area. I swear security was no older than 21 years old weighing about a 1 buck 50. Here's a few more photos of the show...






After experiencing a Jack Johnson concert, Chely and I are looking forward to another night of mellow music, cold burgers, hot sodas and margaritas .....

1 comment:

Kandra said...

I missed this post-oops... good thing I'm obsessed and looked back:) I'm glad you had a good time. Love the pics!!!