Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fun week!!

So this past week my dearest cousin who lives in Wichita, Kansas came down to visit her family. The last time she came was for my wedding almost a year ago and it was great seeing her then and it was even greater seeing her this year (she brought along her BF to meet the fam).


I took a few days of work to be able to hang out with them and spend some good quality time with Rocio aka Pookie (long and old story for the name) and to get to know this Jimmy fella. We both had been waiting anxiously for her to come back to town. She is a Cali girl who left when she joined the Air Force. A few days before her arriving she called me and tells me that I have to plan her week out here in L.A. because she wants to have fun. My reaction was a bit confusing since she has lived in L.A her whole life prior to moving to Kansas. But I just laughed and said ok. So I did plan a few days where I was going to be able to spend time with her but other days I left up to her so she could visit her family and Jimmy could visit his friends.

Monday 5/5 afternoon she arrived. We went out to dinner to Siete Mares (sea food restaurant) where they serve some delicious fish tacos. Rocio doesn't get much Mexican food in Wichita so this was a must for a first day back to L.A. meal. There is no pictures here since I forgot my camera :(

Tuesday 5/6 we went to Knott's Berry Farm. We got on some roller coaster rides, ate good BBQ chicken and Ribs, funnel cakes, and pickles. There is no pictures to this day either since my very intelligent self accidentally deleted the pictures from the camera before downloading them onto my computer ahhh (very upsetting). But I am waiting for my cousin to email me some from her camera and when that time comes around I'll post them.


Wednesday 5/7 was her day to spend with her mom and sisters and for Jimmy to visit his friend.


Thursday 5/8 My parents had a Carne Asada for Rocio who is their God Daughter and was a perfect day to have Jimmy meet the family. Boy oh boy did they mess with him, but like we warned him ...Don't take it seriously Jimmy. No pictures for this day either :( I just don't have an excuse for this day.


Friday 5/9 A day off from work for me to show Rocio and Jimmy around China Town and Hollywood. Before they came to L.A Rocio had told me that Jimmy really Really wanted to go to China Town. I thought it was because of his culture but I was wrong Jimmy is Philippine and only wanted to go to China Town to buy movies, so we did just that. He bought his movie and off we went to Hollywood. We walked a bit looking at the stars and went into the Wax Museum then the Guinness something something (I forgot the name of it), Chinese theater and then back. We got a good workout for the day. And guess what guys.... you guessed it no pictures since I forgot to take my camera along.


Friday night was drinking night. Rocio had this idea of getting me drunk since she has good practice at making drinks now that she lives in Wichita, so we had a drinking Game night. The game 'Three Men", it involves a hat, dice, drinks and crazy rules. If a person rolled a 3 then that person had to wear the hat until someone else rolled a 3. If another person rolled a 3 plus something else, the person with the hat had to take a sip of their alcoholic beverage. If someone rolled a 6 and a 1 the last person to touch their nose had to take a sip. A 5 and 1 the last person to put their thumb on the table had to take a sip. A 4 and 1 I believe was a social sip so everyone playing had to take a drink. If you rolled doubles that was the number of drinks you got to give away to one person or split them up to everyone. If you rolled doubles 3 times in your turn you got to make up another rule. Kind of confusing when you first play it but as it goes on it becomes a hilarious game. By the way I did not get drunk as planned by everyone else, a Ha! I did take my camera to this event but was only able to take one pictures in between our sips and laughs.



This is Jimmy and Rocio, Rocio is the three men. Oh and the little shot glasses you see in the picture are Jello Shots that I helped make but did not eat many of them. The one that I did have was delicious.

Saturday Rocio took Jimmy to TJ and I stayed home. On Monday we went over to her sisters house to say goodbye :( as she was going to leave on Tuesday to San Francisco with Jimmy's Family.

This whole week was fun and I had a great time spending time with my cousin and getting to know Jimmy. Hopefully I can go visit them in Wichita when she returns from Qatar in October and not have to wait another year to see her. Love you POOKIE :P

No comments: