Monday, March 3, 2008

A day outdoors

Well my body is finally feeling a little better today than yesterday and Saturday. This past Saturday I had the day off work and instead of sleeping in and relaxing at home, Ismael convinced me to wake up at 6am to start off our day. First stop Starbucks, it was cold and I needed something to keep me warm while I watched Ismael practice his swings at the golf range.

This is me feeling cold and watching him warm up.


Towards the end, he somehow convinced me to try hitting a few balls. I was a bit embarrassed cause I have no idea of what golfing is all about. To me it was just hitting the ball with the stick ?!? and thought it was easy but I was wrong.

This is me trying it for the first time, what Ismael did not get a shot of was when I somehow hit two golf balls at the same time. I might have been too close the balls.



Alright here goes nothing


And its still on the groud ladies and gentlemen.There were many swings just like these where the ball just would not collaborate. To that I blame the soreness in my arms. So after no action Ismael took over and showed me how it was done.


And that was the end of the golf range. We still wanted to work out for that day but I did not want to go to the gym. I feel wierd at the gym, I think everyone is looking at me thinking 'oh look at her she is doing it all wrong' so we went hiking to Galster Wilderness Park in West Covina. It was my first time there too and it was beautiful. We went up a few steap hills and that is where I got the soreness im my legs. Here's a few pics:



We then took a quick break underneath this tree, it was a really cool spot.

Towards the end we come across the swing set in the park and well I just had to remember my childhood days and become a little girl in a big girls body.


And to the swings I blame my hip soreness. I really need to get in shape. I must say though that this day was an awesome day off work and I sure did not mind waking up early. I can't wait to do it again.

2 comments:

Kandra said...

Looks like your the next Tiger Woods Chely! Love to hear about your days!

Kandra said...

ok, so when i said i love to hear about your days that means you need to write MORE:) Happy Child Life month!