Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Sunday



I just wanted to write this quick blog about Easter Sunday. I can't remember the last time Easter Sunday was so fun. The vibe throughout the entire day at the compadres home was great. The day included, BBQing, Playing games, egg hunt, water balloon competitions and yes; even Adult musical chairs was in the agenda.
But, the best moment was when my Godson Peter was opening his Easter basket. Araceli put a $5.00 bill inside a plastic egg so Peter can open it and say "Wow, Money!" you know? A kid receiving money in my experience is something a kid loves....Peter quickly says " Give it to my dad" Araceli says " Ok, I'll give it to your dad to hold it for you" So she calls John over to give him the $5.00 and Peter tells his dad he can keep it. "Why" we ask Peter. Peter responds, “Because my dad needs it for work. At that moment I can see how proud John felt that his son gave him the $5.00. Even though John might not have needed the $5.00; just the fact that Peter gave it to him out his heart; it just made my day...

No comments: