Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Ismael

Saturday, March 29 was Ismael's 27th Birthday and I had been planning a small celebration for weeks. On Saturday, we went out for dinner to Wokcano in Brubank along with Ismaels brother and his girlfriend. The dinner was delicious, and we had a good time at the restaurant. Ismael even got to make a wish and blow out his candle.

(This is Hallie and Jose, the couple we hang out with the most and always have a good time together.)On the way to the restaurant Ismael told me that he kept wondering why no one had given him his birthday gift including me. What he had no idea of was that I planned a surprise birthday gathering for him on Sunday, so that is why he did not get any gifts on his actual birthday from his mother or my family. Going to dinner for his birthday was sort of like a trick to make him think that the dinner was his only celebration. It was until we finished dinner and he blew out the candle that I finally gave him his present, 2 Laker game tickets agains the San Antonio Spurs. After dinner we went to play pool, my first time ever and it was fun.
On Sunday, Ismael dropped me off at my sisters house because I told him that we were going to go shopping. We had planned that after we got back from the mall Ismael was going to meet us at my sister's for a movie. But instead of going to the "mall" I helped my sister get ready for the surprise party. My sister and her husband were kind enough to let me borrow their house for Ismael's party and they were extremely helpful in every way possible.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH NORMA AND ANTONIO.

When our guests started to arrive I decided to call Ismael and let him know that we were home and that he should come over so we can watch the movie. Ismael still not knowing anything got a little upset because he was thinking of going over at about 4 or 5 in the afternoon and I was asking him to get there at about 2pm. He had even planned out his day to visit some friends, watch the baseball game, and even record some music at home with his equipment (which he had just set up right before I called him). But he dropped all his plans and agreed to meet me at my sisters early. So when he got there I walked him to the back yard, which he questioned and I don't remeber what I replied because I was afraid of giving it away before anyone would say Surprise,and it all came together just fine.

This was the look as he seen everyone there.These are just a few of our guest that were there. It was a small gathering with just family, his mother, aunt and grandmother arrived later.

Eventhough it was small, Ismael still had a good time and he was surprised, didn't even have the slightest idea of what was going on for the past 2 weeks.
And he got presents. Hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend!

2 comments:

Kandra said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ismael! Hope you had a blast!

Andi said...

Happy Birthday Ismael!! Thanks for commenting on Eli's room, Araceli. I'm glad you were able to find my blog. This blogging stuff is pretty addicting!:) I'll let you and the gals know when I'm in labor.